Wednesday, May 22, 2013

JCrew June Rollout: Fitting Room Pics (1)

In the last three days I saw and tried in stores a few of the new arrivals that rolled out today on the website. I don't have much time but I wanted to share a few pics before the long Memorial day weekend. I mostly tried tops because that's what I am interested in these days (I have too many dresses and bottoms and definitely do not need another pair of café capris). I will be quick but if you have any question before tomorrow night let me know and I will try to respond (I don't guarantee though). Also, I saw these before having a chance of browsing the new Style Guide, so I wasn't influenced in my judgment by the styling or beautiful Lyla.

First, the Baja embroidered top. I liked this one a lot. The peri color isn't very flattering on me, so I tried the ivory/black colorway. This top fits beautifully but it isn't a top to tuck in, it is to leave untucked (personally I love the shorter length). It is a bit sheer in the body in the ivory (the embroidery covers the chest area) but it's a summer top so I don't think it is too much exposure. It reminds me a bit of my Marrakesh top from a few years ago.
This is the 0. It was slightly small in the shoulders but the neckline fits so well without exposing too much cleavage that I didn't size up. The peri is even more summery if you can do that color:





Another top that I liked quite a bit is the Collection pom-pom top. This top is linen and more sparkly IRL (because of the mirrored embellishments) than what it looks like on the website. However it seemed a bit high maintenance between the linen fabric and the mirrors, given that it will be a mess after one wear (I could tell by only trying it on) and it is "professional dry-clean only" so I preferred to pass, especially at fp. They only had a 00 and it was slightly pulling at the chest but was fine (actually good) everywhere else. I am afraid that the 0 would be a bit boxy in the body:





It looks like they put out a lot of boho tops in this rollout. the next one is the Chambray dot peasant top. This one fits a bit like the Liberty peasant tops of early spring and as those I didn't like it. Note that the ivory color is very creamy and seems a strange choice for summer. This is the XXS:



Last of the bohemian tops is the Embroidered gauze top. I don't do very well with this kind of tops, they make me look bustier than I am, but it is a pretty top. This is the 0 in the white (I saw all the other colors and the vintage burgundy is really very burgundy, not a springy color):



I liked the Ikat popover when I saw it on the racks, it felt fresh and new. It is a great top, I am just not sure about those colors on me (plus, I do not need at all). The pink is darker IRL than on the website pic. I tried a 2 because there wasn't a 0 on the floor and I would say it fits TTS (aka, I would buy a 0):



I was tempted by the Cluster sequin tee that has been on the website for a while but just hit the stores. The fit in the XS was GREAT and I loved the multicolored sequins but in the end I decided that I don't need more sequins in my life:



I have a few more pics, including my favorite of all the new arrivals, the Vacationland blouse but I am having trouble downloading them. In case I can't post them before leaving the blouse is just gorgeous (the color is a very pretty blush steering towards salmon) and it fits TTS (I tried both the 0 and 00 and went with the 0).

What do you think of these new arrivals?



8 comments:

  1. Ema - like the vacationland blouse - on screen it looks like it could have a pajama top vibe - does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not particularly. Unless you wear it with the shorts, that's a pajama party outfit! And I have pics ;-)

      Delete
  2. The pom-pom and the Baja are my favorites on you. looking forward to seeing the vacationland blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the pom pom a lot but it is more occasiony than the Baja. And I just paid a crazy dry-cleaning bill, so that was a deterrent.

      Delete
  3. I wore peasant tops to death in middle school and i think that turned me off from them forever but who knows, i may learn to love them again. I think you just gave me a reason...
    What jeans are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the matchsticks in lived-in wash. When I roll them they have a boyfriend look. I haven't found another pair of jeans that looks that great and I tried many!

      Delete
  4. Ema, your description of the color of the Vacationland blouse is making me so impatient for mine to arrive! I liked a couple of things in the new rollout, but the blouse is the only thing I ended up buying. You do look awfully cute in the Pom-Pom top, but ita with you that sometimes you just don't want to deal with something that high-maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Baja in black and white, especially with denim. It's funny, I used to live in these kinds of tops in the early 90s- this is a nice kind of retro!

    ReplyDelete