I am sorry if I disappeared again. We have been very busy here with birthday parties, end-of-school playdates and the arrival of my MIL who is going to stay with us for a whole chunck of the summer (providing free illimited babysitting, yay!)
I have been doing a bit of shopping too. I ended up returning the Lucille dress and getting the Frances in the lifesaver print instead. This dress fits me like a dream and the sale price with the 30% off makes it the same price than the Lucille so it made sense, not to mention that we had a lot or rain around here and I couldn't wear the Lucille to the two cocktail parties I had planned to (and who knows when the next occasion will be, at that point it might as well be on sale already).
I am really starting to realize that it is worth to pay full price for things that I can wear immediately and I see getting a lot of wear out of, even if it something that could seem overpriced. It is the case of the Short-sleeve sweatshirt. I fell in love with how this sweatshirt it is styled in the "Looks we love" (look n. 16), with a white shirt and a white mini. As I said it has been pouring or about to pour the whole week and a white bottom was out of the question but I wore it with my Minnie pants instead and felt very pulled together (I am wearing a XS, fits TTS):
Of course it looks good on its own, with a bottom like on the website:
And because of all the rain, I thought I could use something like the linen slicker, so when it popped back on the first day of the sale with 30% and in a size 2 I jumped on it. It is strangely a bit big around the shoulders (the 2 is my usual outwear size and I never have problems in the shoulders area) but because it is outwear and I tried it with a thin tee I am going to keep it (on the other side I like that it is a bit longer and protects my legs from the rain). It is unlined (which I appreciate, being it a summer raincoat) and it has a hoodie. I am on the fence about the gold hardware, it is borderline tacky but makes it special. I also like that it isn't navy or black or khaki but a light color:
My last pick is the Talitha blouse in the wreath color that is now $69.99. I have been strangely not interested in this blouse when it came out during the holidays (I tried it on at that time but didn't get the feeling) but it picked up my interest recently when I saw it paired with the cafe capri in art polka-dots on a SA and with white jeans on a mom at school, that made me realize that it is more versatile than I thought (I always considered it a holiday top and I don't need another one). Once again, when it arrived and I first tried it on, I didn't get the feeling but when I paired it first with my white matchsticks and then with my floral fresco capris I really liked how it looked. In the first case (white matchsticks) the color really gains from being lighten up by a light bottom (I always thought that the color was a bit dull on me):
In the second case (the floral fresco), well, it is the perfect top for those pants as you can see (I have been struggling a bit with what to pair them with):
That's it! We are having a relaxed weekend (it was my husband's birthday yesterday and we went to the Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem, an outpost of the Syracuse joint) and we will probably go to the movies today (to see "A separation", the iranian movie, before they don't play it anymore in the movie teathers).
Happy Memorial Day everyone!
The Talitha looks great w/the fresco pants. I wouldn't have had the wisdom to put that together. The linen slicker is soooo cute. I hear you on the hardware, but agree that it makes the jacket interesting. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteinteresting, I had the same reaction to the hardware when I first saw the slicker, thought I'd wait, and then the one I tried on, the heavy.hooks just pulled the whole front of the coat down. I notice it's not doing that on you, I may give it another try if it surfaces again.
ReplyDelete