First, the Jeweled chandelier sweatshirt. My store had both colors but only the grey in my size. I have too many grey sweatshirts so I would probably get the ivory for myself. I tried the grey for sizing purposes in case I decide to get the ivory later on. This is the XS, it fits TTS. It is soft and flattering, however in this color it looks a lot like your regular workout sweatshirt, only with jewels on it (the jewels are clear in the grey but multi-colored in the ivory). The jewels and the design are beautiful and in case you haven't clicked on the stock pic of the back, are only on the front panel and sleeves (which is good for things like relaxing on a couch!):


Next, another sweatshirt that drew a lot of attention, the Flower sweatshirt. Again, this fits TTS. The brocade in the sea green grey colorway has more relief than in the navy (so much so that at first I wasn't sure it was the same sweatshirt and I had to check the item number) and because of that feels stiffer on:


The grey is beautiful but I much preferred the navy for myself. I can see myself wearing this day and night while I am not sure where I would wear the grey one. The front panel is smoother and follows better your curves making it more feminine IMO (it is more like a jacquard than brocade):

While I was at it I also tried the matching mini (which in fact is called Collection fluted skirt in copper blue jacquard. This one is really short and much more fluted than the fluted skirt, I think, or maybe it is the fabric. They only had a 0 but I would need a 2, I was barely able to zip it and the fabric has no give at all. I didn't try the 2 for comparison but honestly I think it is overpriced (the poly lining was obnoxious and you could see it peaking out in the front):


Last, the Jeweled-shoulder sweater that I picked up only because I needed a sweater to try with the Moto mini in wool. I surprisingly liked this one a lot but being made in the dream yarn I would buy it only if it hits a very good price. It has a very nice fit (fits TTS, this is the XS) and the shoulder embellishments (a bit poor quality I have to say) give it a military look. I am sorry if you can't see much of it in this pic but I was focusing on the skirt, that I liked a lot (trying a size 2):

I also tried the Elbow-patch sweater in indigo but I need to try it again in another color/size because it had no shape at all in the XS (I don't think I would size down because it was already pretty short for a sweater that is supposed to be a bit oversized). This one is 100% wool (a rarity in the crewniverse!) but felt a bit thin.
I am a bit off the Crewlade since this summer but trying on new stuff is always tempting. I have decided that as a rule I am not going to buy more than one item for each big rollout. Hopefully this will help me to see what I really love/need/will wear. The best candidate from this rollout is the flower sweatshirt in navy as I know I will sear it.
What are you liking in this rollout? Any questions let me know!
I didn't think I liked that sweatshirt much till I saw it on you Ema. I think it looks quite lovely now. I am not sure that coppery orange would looks good up near my face unfortunately or I would be all over it!
ReplyDeleteIt is very copper!
DeleteI like the navy floral sweatshirt, too. Is that the XS?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reviews and welcome back!!
Thank you! Yes, that's the XS. If you want it a bit less fitted you can go up a size, I don't think it will loose its shape...
DeleteHi Ema. Une lectrice française ! J'adore ton blog. Et je suis dingue de JCREW !!!
ReplyDeleteBienvenue! Et merci beaucoup!
DeleteInteresting -- after seeing it on Shopping With M I was much more inclined toward the green-gray version of the sweatshirt, but the blue/copper version looks terrific on you, and I think looks less sweatshirty. Will have to wait for a steep discount in any event.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, the navy looks more like a sweater, with all the advantages of a sweatshirt (except the ability to laundry it, it is dry-clean only but that was expected due to the jacquard front panel)
Delete