Boy, I was wrong. They are incredibly versatile and they are a great end-of-winter-through-spring transitional piece.
I will start with the we-are-still-in-winter version. I'm wearing them with snow-leopard cardi, a Gap tissue turtleneck and crackled Mary-Janes in pewter:
Here are worn with the Quinn cami (shown alone and with the Michelle cardi in putty) for the first days of spring:
And for warmer days:
The shirt is not as fitted as it should but I scored it for $25 at the first sample sale in NYC, after missing it last year (it's actually a size 6, when I normally wear a 0 or 2). I think that it's still OK and I love I the print. BTW, I can't remember how it was called, if you know please let me know.
Another combination that I love for warmer days is with a navy and white striped top (the top is from Velvet and the shoes are Tod's).
My daughter woke up while I was trying this outfit with my Gap boyfriend cardi from last year. I always try outfits while she's sleeping because it's quite challanging to take pictures while she's around (she loves to play with the mirror and the closet door). In fact, I couldn't and here she is (you will see more of her in future posts, I promise):
Would you wear this color for pants? Which of the outfits shown do you like the best?
These pants look fantastic on you! I tried them on and they did absolutely nothing for me. I think I like them with the flower shirt and the navy/white striped top the best.
ReplyDeleteThe top is the dandelion print (a liberty print fabric) and I am incredibly JEALOUS that you own it...I have that print in the shoes and flip-flops but never bought the top. You look great!!!
ReplyDeleteI have the cerise (very tomato-like color) bistro pants. It is a bright for sure, but what a way to make an entrance!!!
Thank you ladies!
ReplyDeleteDinagideon, I also tried the bistro pants but I decided to go with the capris because I'm sure that I will get more wear out of them I can picture myself pushing the stroller in capris, but not in bistro pants). But you're right, they are quite spectacular!
Thank you for reminding me the name of this print. I didn't want to buy the shirt FP last year and then it was gone. I was no longer hoping to find it, when it showed up at the sample sale, in the hands of another woman who finally decided to put it back on the rack. As I said it's not my usual size but it looked really small and I decided to take a chance on it. I admit I was quite lucky, but I would have never ordered a 6!
Love the pants - they look great on you. Love all the styling ideas.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't get why they call it cerise either - to me cherry is a very blue or purple red. Not orange-y red. Why not tomate? Maybe that doesn't flow as well. :)Love the color, though!
I love the snow-leopard cardi on you!! What an amazing piece to own. :)
ReplyDeletehi ema,
ReplyDeletei just discovered your blog and enjoy reading it.
ina
Hi Ina, thank you! Make sure to come back often, I plan to write a post every day
ReplyDeleteThe pants looks fabulous on you. I always think of their cerise as orange. Didn't know it means cherry.
ReplyDelete