So last week when we had that awesome free shipping with no minimum code, I decided to use it to order the Short-sleeved selvedge chambray shirt which was high on my wishlist and the other item from the Spring lookbook that I was really eager to see IRL. I could have waited and tried it in store but what decided me to order was that according to the measurements provided by CS I really needed a XXS in this one and more often then not the XXS isn't carried in stores (I saw a XS in store the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes, it looked HUGE).
It arrived yesterday and I immediately tried it on. The XXS is still a little bit roomy in the shoulders (which NEVER happens to me: I am fairly broad-shouldered and when I size down I usually have the problem of a garment being OK everywhere else but snug in the shoulders) but not overly big. This is not a fitted style as the description hints ("slouchy fit") and in fact it goes down pretty straight, but I knew that so no disappointments here:
The fabric is the selvedge chambray of their long-sleeved shirt and it is pretty substantial. I love the color (note that the pockets are symmetrical, yay!):
I like it best tucked in a pencil skirt (that's how I had planned to wear it and the main reason for me to buy it. I usually wear the perfect stitch one to achieve this look but in the summer it is bothersome to rollup the sleeves):
All in all it is how I expected it to be and it is really something that I was missing (I have very few short-sleeved cotton shirts and no denim ones). Actually I can't believe that it took them so long to come out witha a short-sleeve denim shirt. It is probably a little bit overpriced for what it is and there are problably cheaper versions out there so if you don't really need it I would wait for it to go on sale. But to me it is worth full price because I know that I will get a lot of wear out of it and it is pefect for my lifestyle. I know it is going to be a staple in my closet and it seems sturdy enough to last several years.
In case you decide to order it, call CS for measurements. I reccomend to size one down at least and if you are very small chested, even two sizes.
Are you conidering this shirt? What do you think?



Thanks for the review Ema. I've considered this shirt to wear tied over a sundress, I have the long sleeve version of it and that is how I wear it... but the rolling-up of the sleeves is bothersome.
ReplyDeleteI will definitely order the xxs as my shoulders/chest area is definitely on the small side. My long sleeved chambray had to be taken in at the tailors by several inches!
Looks great with the pencil skirt.
I was considering a long sleeved one, but now I may change my mind. It's really cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review and photos. I have been considering this shirt since it came out. It looks great on you, especially paired with the floral pencil skirt.
ReplyDelete