Speaking of New Year resolutions, I apologize for the lack of comments to my last posts but I have started a new routine in the morning that basically is taking all my "blogging time" (I am making a. We bought a Wii console this past weekend and a Wii Fitness Plus program and I have started to exercise (half an hour of effective exercise). So far so good, it is really a good incentive (but if the damn machine doesn't say today that I lost some weight, I am going to return it as defective).
Back to the stripes, I have ordered a few things from Boden for my daughter taking advantage of their 20% off promo and added two tunics for me to get to the minimum for the promo to apply. One of the shipments arrived already and it contained the Stripy Tunic (WL597) in the Sea Green color. At first I was a little bit disappointed because I thought that it would be more substantial, while it is the weight of a tee. I ordered a 2 (which is Boden's smallest size) and it fits me perfectly, althought I find it to be a little bit short for the city (not sure if it's an effect of trying summer clothes while outside is snowing (so to speak) or if it is really too short). Because it has three quarter sleeves I think it won't work for the hottest summer days in NY but I am going on a beach vacation soon and it qualify as resort attire. Taller ladies might want to size up for more length:

Love the pockets:

I am waiting for the other tunic (the pool party one) to be here before making up my mind. I will report back!
The other striped item that I couldn't help buying is a new arrivals at JCrew. It isn't online yet and it just hit the stores. It is a short-sleeved version of the vintage bateau and retails for $39.50. It has cap sleeves and a slouchy fit but what really suckered me into buying it is the brownish color. I miss brown!!! Technically it isn't really brown, more sepia (color code: ESI) but I will take it:


The best part of the top is in the back. It has adorable buttons all the way down:


I tried to resist it at first, but then I thought that I would end up buying it anyway so better do it while it was easy and my size in stock (this is an XS).
I bet it will come out in the next rollout online but if not and you are interested, the style number is 37810 and the color code is ESI (the ticket says "stripe back button tee").
Now I am off exercizing. Have a nice day!
I think I have a stripe problem as well - last summer I realized my kids were wearing stripes almost every day. The short sleeve top is adorable, I'll have to grab that one. Did it come in other colors?
ReplyDeleteHi Ema,
ReplyDeletestripes look very nice on you!
Such a pretty green colour. I always think clothes look too short in winter but once you've got a bit of colour you'll change your mind.
ReplyDeleteBritish Vogue has two pages on stripes, so keep em coming!
The JC stripe top is so cute on you!!
ReplyDeleteThe Jcrew top is adorable! I'll have to look for it the next time I'm in the store.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely LOVE the striped camel colored tee!! Cute buttons in the back! You know I would love this tee, as I loved the long sleeved one from last spring:) The striped dress from Boden looks like a possibility--but like you said, is it too short??!! I liked it in the pink color.......hmmmmmmmmm
ReplyDeleteI just discovered Boden! I love that stripe dress. As soon as my shopping ban and Remix challenge is over...I'm going to have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteWhy did you take the picture of the stripe tee from its back, love the buttons and now I have to have it. Does it come in other colors?
ReplyDeleteLove the striped tee but actually don't love the buttons down the back!
ReplyDeleteThe striped boden dress does not look too short for you, imho.
Thanks for sharing!
Kris (and Laura), they had only received it in this color but I bet it will come in another color too.
ReplyDeleteVicky, thanks!
Tabitha, yesI love that aqua color (I also bought a simple scopneck tee at the Loft in the same color). Glad that Vogue supports stripes ;-)
Kristin, thanks.
mrs.anketell, yes I think you would love it. The stripey tunic is more beachwear than citywear IMO because of the length. Or maybe it is an effect of this color, I don't know!
Chasing Davies, good luck with the ban!
IRL, good for you ;-). Thanks for chiming in on the tunic.
I've also got a stripe problem. I think it's the only pattern in my wardrobe.
ReplyDeleteThe striped tee looks so great on you. I love the camel color. I tried the tee on as well and with my broad shoulders the sleeves looked like wings at take-off. Not a good look. I love the buttons down the back.
I saw the tee but didn't try it on, now i have to!!!
ReplyDelete