Basically, I went to buy the waterfall cardigan that I had tried the last time and I also wanted to give a try to the charmeuse pencil skirt that Gigi discussed in her post here.
Well, I'm happy that I didn't pull the trigger on this one during the EXTRA30 promo because this skirt clearly isn't for me. Trying a 0:

Even if it fitted like this (holding fabric in the back):

it would be still too long, so I'm happily $59 richer.
While I was there I've tried the Frenchie slicker (just because I was curious and it was $99):
I kind of liked it but the belt doesn't want to stay knotted in place (because of the fabric). I have a Zara trench like this and hate it, I'm re-tieing the knot like every 2 minutes. And if I had to buy one (trench), it would be the washed ruffled-collar trench (I didn't take pics but it's really cute on me and it could be easily mistaken for a Burberry), but will buy only if I find it for a deeply discounted price because I don't need it in any way.
They also had a Maise jacket in a size 0. I had only seen it on the catalog/website and it was on sale for $89, so I tried it (again, I was curious). I felt a little bit like Mary Poppins. Jackets are not my favorite Jcrew item, the 0 (my size) tends to have the waistline way too up:

Last, they had a rolling-ruffle tissue tank left in XS, probably the last XS in all NY state, so I tried it again even if I had already tried when it first came out and didn't like it so much to pay FP for it:

I'm still not convinced, plus I liked the slate (now sold out) much better on me. Really, I can't believe that this thing ended up being such a hit, I was sure that I was going to find tons on sale and when I tried it on again I still felt like I was wearing a $20 Gap tank ...
I left with my waterfall cardi in spicy olive (in promo for 59.50) and an old yellow long sleeved painter tee that is not really my size but I had to buy after looking for it everywhere (including ebay). BTW, I'm having a craving for a new tee, but I can't make up my mind, too many options and none that I'm crazy about.
I'm going to write another post about this hoping that you can help me to decide ...
I like the ruffles tank in the slate color best, too!!
ReplyDeleteI wish they would come out with some new merchandise already because I'm bored also!
I hope you got that Maise jacket...it's super cute on you!! I thought I would get the rolling ruffles tank, on sale, but it never happened!! I wanted it in blush or slate.......but just refused to pay full price for such a thin tank!!!
ReplyDelete