For those who read my last post and are interested in learning more about the "miracle firming cream" (BTW, you cracked me up, ladies), I am going to do a post on the topic tomorrow.
Today I am going to put up some more pics of the new arrivals that I tried on recently. The Collection store (my closest store) hasn't received anything new since my last post but yesterday I had to go to another store to pick up what seemed to be (according to the WWFIFY lady I spoke with) the only pair of yatch blue wool cafe capri in my size in the entire nation (I half believed that they would be there, but they were) and they had a few items that I hadn't seen or tried on yet.
So let's start with the reason of my trip, the new cafe capri in wool in yatch blue. I saw them at the Collection store a few days ago but they didn't have my regular size. I tried a 2 with the Leopard Tippy sweater that I liked but is not a must-have for me (however I loved the outfit). The sweater fits TTS to a little bit big (this is the XS):
I also tried the elusive Jardin skirt that just hit the stores. Once again, thy didn't have 0s in the pewter color (the only color that I would buy), so I tried the rich purle for sizing purposes:
I also tried the 2 in pewter and I liked it better, I think, but I am not crazy for this skirt (it looked frumpy on me, not to mention that it's a summer skirt that will not well transition into Fall. I think I will wait for another one to come out in the Fall).
Speaking of skirts, the big surpris was the Calvary skirt that I tried on only for the blog (I didn't care for it all on the website). Well, I LOVED it. It is very flattering and very well made (it's a very substantial twill). My regular size (a 0) fit me perfectly but it was very snug at the waist (which is probably what makes it particularly flattering because my waist looked very thin). However I am not sure if I would buy this size because you have to take into consideration that you are going to wear it with tights in the fall, that can add bulk. I also think that the mossy color is going to be a little bit difficult to pair with my Fall jackets (I would have preferred a caramel or brown). Let's say that for $125 I prefer to wait (I am sure that H&M will come out with something similar). It has definitively a 70s vibe, as the description says:
The shirt above is the Puff-sleeve popover in end-on-end. Definitively too puffy for me (it also felt snug in the shoulder with gaping on the chest. I would size up if I hadto get this one:
Another item that I loved but will wait to get on super-sale is the gilded tweed mini. I am confused because I can only find the No. 2 Pencil skirt in Gilded Tweed which is, I suppose, made in the same fabric (but I am almost sure that the mini came out on the website too). The colors are beautiful but it's definitively a "summer" mini (even if lined in acetate). Fits small, this is the 2:
And with the Schoolboy blazer in wool flannel in pearl grey, size 2:
I read reviews that said that this year's schoolboy fits bigger or boxier than last years but I found that my regular 2 was just fine (while the 0 was too snug in the shoulders to be comfortable). The pearl color seems to be cut more generously than the heather caramel, or the wool is stiffer in the caramel (which is a great color IRL) This is the 0:
Under the schoolboy I am wearing the Silk Blythe blouse in the beautiful extravagant green color (it is pretty true to reality in the following pics). I have to say, I almost bought it (it looked GREAT with the cafe capri in the blue color, it was a catalog-worthy outfit) but the sleeves were very long in the 0 and the 000 isn't offered in store, so I will probably order a 00 to compare:
So in the end I only bought the cafe capris because they are selling out and are backordered until mid-September on the website (but I would have bought more if it weren't for their stupid return policy, ARE YOU READING MICKEY? When buying ahead of the season you never know if what you bought months earlier will still fit when it's time to wear it or look the same with added layers and without a tan. Thirthy days just isn't enough). But yatch blue is a color for early Fall, so I thought that I'd better suck it up and get them now. But the Blythe in the green color, the gilded tweed mini and the "maybe" Calvary skirt are on my wishlist.
Any question let me know. What did you like most?












Wow, thanks for all the great reviews. I love the color of the cafe capris. It looked great with both blouses. I'd read other reviews that complained they were unlined and thus itchy. Did you find that to be true?
ReplyDeleteI'd really like to get a silk blouse. The Blythe is very pretty, but I'm concerned about the sleeve length. I'm thinking of trying either the Elodie or the Lucinda. I'll probably order the Lucinda in the pale blue since it's less expensive. Did you see either of these IRL?
Emma,
ReplyDeleteGreat reviews!
Thank you for posting.
Great review, the cafe capris are stunning, and I didn't know they were selling so quickly. The Schoolboy Jacket continues to leave me cold, I don't know what all the fuss is about there. I thought the silk blouse looked great on you, and it was a nice outfit with the pants. The Calvary skirt is WAY too 70s for me.
ReplyDeleteThe Cafe Capris were the winners for me.
For me, the school boy blazer in the camel color was a winner. I tried the Minnie pant on in flame, which were definitely unflattering. The side zip makes them gape & bunch where gaping and bunching is most unwelcome. Other than that, I wasn't as blown away by the new pre-fall arrivals as I had hoped to be. I checked out the saddle bags as well, and the color isn't as rich and vibrant in stores as it is online imo.
ReplyDeleteEmma- thanks for the pictures, and I always look forward to them :> I love the Calgary skirt as well. The No.2 pencil skirt in gilded tweed ONLINE is not available in size 0....is it already sold out?
ReplyDeleteoops, Cavalry. I typed Calvary 1st, which really confused me as to why JCrew would name a skirt that. But Cavalry is even odder as a skirt has nothing to do with army men mounted on horseback in battle.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Silk Blythe Blouse in that color! Thanks so much for the reviews.
ReplyDeleteCome by and enter my giveaway for 3 bottles of Joe Fresh nail lacquer if you like:
just click here
Thanks for the reviews Ema! I am waiting for my order of Cavalry skirt and having high hopes now that it will be a winner.
ReplyDeleteYou really have long legs for your height since the 23.5 inch skirt is above the knee for you.
I do love the the cafe capris on you, but for me, I could not decide on color. I was thinking baked citron, but only if it is more mustard that yellow. The silk blouse looks great on you!
I love the first outfit. You look great in that yacht blue color. I agree with the Calvary skirt, I wouldn't pay fp for it considering it looks pretty plain. But it does look really cute on you.
ReplyDeleteITA about the return policy. It's so hot here and I wouldn't be able to wear my fall items until late Sep at the earliest and 30 days return policy is ridiculous! I see why online stuff sells out fast since people want longer return period. :-(
The cavalry skirt/blouse combo is so 70's and so Claudia Schiffer. I like your hair pulled back!
ReplyDeleteTippy Leopard sweater looks cute on you, the cavalry skirt meh (not on you but the general idea) would wait for markdown or you are right I can see similar at ON or HM coming up. the schoolboy and velvets will be on sale later.
ReplyDeletethe color of the silk blouse is lovely
As far as the return policy: GAP changed theirs back to 60 due to customer complaints, maybe JC will as well.
Yay, I'm glad you gave the Calvary skirt a thumbs up!
ReplyDeleteMay I ask if those Loft sandals are from this year?
Thanks for the reviews! They're so helpful, and I haven't been to a b&m since...I don't remember when (at least February).
I like the Tippy on you & w/those pants. I also like the Jardin skirt. From the pic it appears to work w/your hair up for a cute look. Oh, recvd my tortoise cuff (Crewlet) and it's pretty cool. It works for the price. Glad I copied you on that one ;)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the cafe capri's in the blue color, i may have to break down and get them) thanks for the pictues, i always LOVE it when you post new arrivals on your blog!!!!! could you possibly do some outfit styling, too, when you get the blue cafe capri's, by any chance??!!!!
ReplyDeletemaryeb, I did find them itchy the first time that I tried them on in camel. Now I don't know if it's the color or I am getting used to the idea or I just don't care because I had to have this color but I found the blue less itchy.
ReplyDeleteThe Lucinda is not in stores yet but it looks gorgeous (I am eyeing the mustard-y color) and it comes in petites, so it's probably a better option for you.
I think I saw the Elodie but it's washed silk and I don't like mandarin collars in general.
Simply JCrew, thanks!
Sue, clearly they were winners for me too ;-).
Jane, I agree that the camel schoolboy is a very rich color (in fact, it's caramel and not camel) and I would probably get it if I didn't have a Ralph Lauren herringbone jacket in a similar color.
pathos, you are right! It didn't hit me at all that Calvary wouldn't be a suitable name for a skirt (Cavalry is actually much better). Thanks for pointing this out!
I would guess that if the skirt is not available in 0 online, it means that is sold-out...
Elizabeth, thanks!
ajc, let us know how it works. I did like it but not for the price (and not now, I have to figure out what I really want/need for Fall and a 70s skirt wasn't on my radar).
I didn't hesitate on the color of the cafe capris because I already have the Lollis in the bright dahlia (can't do that baked citron color at all)
jcrewphd, yes, I hope that they change back the return policy soon. I think it is going to hurt them in the long run.
Tabitha, is that good or bad? ;-)
isabella, I loved the Tippi but I can't push myself to spend $90 on a merino sweater (merino season is pretty short in NYC, especially for a crewneck). And yes on the Gap, I noticed that too (maybe JCrew will take note)
IRL, thanks. Yes, they are from this season (I bought them back in May or June), I think you can still find them in some stores (I looked up online and didn't see them). They were $29.99 (but got them for $17) and came in gold (mine), silver and bronze (if I am not wrong). For the price they are great, they look much more expensive
Gigi, glad that you like the cuff, I think it's great for the price and we got it before it got waitlisted until end of September (pffff!)
mrs.anketell, too hot here for wool right now, but I made a Polyvore set with the silk Sophie blouse in muslin and golden accessories (can't wait to wear them together actually). I also plan to wear them with my Boden fringe tweed jacket.