Yesterday I had started to write a post on my 4th of July weekend that I couldn't finish but instead of that one you will get a very egocentric post today since it's MY BIRTHDAY!!!
I have to say that this year I didn't feel like doing anything special to celebrate (I have been feeling VERY lazy the last two days), but my husband insisted for taking me out to dinner to a nice place downtown tonight.
I did have breakfast with two girlfriends this morning, which was nice, and we had a little champagne dinner at home yesterday night with my daughter and MIL. So I guess that I am celebrating after all.
Before leaving for Italy I bought a dress at F21 with a free shipping no minimum code. I was very disappointed in the fabric when I received it and considered returning it for a store credit but it is quite comfortable to wear and I ended up keeping it to use as "loungewear" to wear at home in the summer, instead of the usual shorts and sweats. I took quite a few naps in it since my MIL's arrival ;-). In any case I wore it yesterday night and it was the perfect dress for a casual birthday dinner at home:
This morning I wore this to my birthday breakfast (can you believe it was the first time that I wore this skirt, since I purchased it back in January? At least I still love it):
After breakfast I went for a little birthday shopping. I stopped at JCrew out of (bad) habit but I didn't purchase anything on the principle. JCrew is one of the few retailers that didn't send me birthday wishes and a birthday coupon/gift. Lohemann's, Bloomingdales, Sephora, basically all the retailers where I usually shop sent me something. Sephora was the first to send me a coupon to redeem a bottle of "birthday girl" vanilla-flavored bubble bath and 10% off my purchase. It's nothing but you wouldn't believe how much I appreciated the gesture (that I have demonstrated by spending well over $100 in make up). Bloomingdale's sent me a 10% off coupon and Lohemann's a 15% off that I haven't used so far, but again, it is nice to know.
However the best of them all was the coupon that Intermix sent me this morning (a little bit late, I have to say, if I didn't have my smartphone with me I would have missed on it): a 25% off one full price item. That was really a big surprise because if you know Intermix they have pricey stuff (that I never buy unless they are having a sale) and 25% off can make a big difference. I had actually signed up only few days ago after going in for a cover-up (that you will see soon in another post) because I had seen something that could make a perfect birthday present and I was hoping for a "welcome" offer.
I got a 15% welcome offer but it was only valid online and the item that I was eyeing was still too expensive.
So this morning I happily went to get my birthday present with my 25% off coupon, that they happily applied with a big smile. In case you are curious, here is what I got:
Minnie Rose Cashmere Fringe Poncho
The cashmere of this poncho is heavenly and the sand color is very chic. Probably not something to wear when it starts to get really chilly in the Fall but to throw over a summer dress at night. I didn't really need a poncho, but my idea of a birthday present is that it has to be something special you really like, you wouldn't buy otherwise and you don't necessarly need.
OK, time to go and get ready for tonight (I will probably wear my Rebecca Taylor dress). Just remember to sign up to those newsletters from your favorite retailers and don't be afraid to leave your birthday information for some special birthday wishes...




Happy Birthday, Ema! Hope you have a great day. LOVE the cashmere cape; the color is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ema! I love the little birthday discounts too. That was a nice one from Intermix!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ema! Bad JC for not giving you a birthday discount!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I love the little eyelet skirt with the blue blouse!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ema! Hope you enjoy! :) And that cape, SWOON!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Ema!!! Love the birthday discounts and deals. I actually think that F21 dress is super cute! And the cape...LOVE!!! You deserve it!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!! I love birthday discounts, too!
ReplyDeletecute skirt & a very happy birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Ema! Hope you had a nice dinner!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday,ema!
ReplyDeletehope you had a special day.
i agree,jcrew should send out some birthday coupon too.
Happy Birthday, Ema! I like the F21 tie-dye. I wonder what I'd think of the material. we're Cali casual here, so I might find it ok. Who knows.
ReplyDeleteTotally hear you on no b-day discount love from J Crew. For shame. Love your cashmere cape.
Happy Belated Birthday Ema! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ema! The cashmere poncho is lovely. I got into ruanas last winter and I've been lusting after a cashmere one. I love the look and the color of your birthday present! And who can beat cashmere, even in the summer.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday! Hope you had a great day. The eyelet skirt is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies for the birthday wishes.
ReplyDeleteGigi, the dress is 100% rayon and probably not as bad as my words would let you think but I was expecting a knit and it is the typical fabric that pills and looks old after washing.